RECIPES I - R
RENAISSANCE ANTALYA RESORT, TURKEY
Back to Recipes
4 large eggplants
5 Tbs lemon juice
1/4 Cup (50 ml.) olive oil
Salt to taste
2 Tbs yogurt
6 black olives
1 small onion, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced
1 small green pepper, sliced and seeded
1 small tomato, sliced
1 Tbs chopped parsley
- Put lemon juice in a bowl
- Insert knife into eggplants about an inch deep at several places.
- Place them directly over a high gas flame and turn often so they will cook evenly.
- The skin will burn and turn black.
- If an electric stove is used place the eggplant directly on the heating unit.
- When eggplants are soft, lay them on a cutting board and skin them with a knife while still hot.
- Scrape out the seeds and drop eggplants into the lemon juice.
- Add oil, salt and yogurt and mash with a potato masher into a smooth paste.
- Place paste on a platter.
- Decorate with olives, onions, green pepper and tomato slices.
- Sprinkle parsley on top.